Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hooking Up Tomer Warner Modem

the time I just can not stop watching this ...


Carolina Kostner is the only athlete that I have ever remembered the name, because the sport (to do and look) I never liked it. I'm not exactly a fan, but my father at some point he learned that I loved ice skating, and so every time Carolina Kostner was calling me to watch her on TV.
I loved all the things that could create a bond between me and my dad, and often these things were linked to the television. The few that were becoming common interests, I never understood at all if it really were or why did they become such. However, there was the couch in my house, the Christmas tree lit with Lucette, the cover on his knees and in front of me and my dad with Carolina Kostner, to comment on a sport that we were not entirely practical.
The thing I always liked about her is the fact that falls in virtually all important occasions.
I know that is not the best in his sport, I know there are more good skaters with her, and I never even rooting for are not even patriotic, but I like to see her skate ... and fall. Why Carolina falls in a beautiful way, and then gets up and goes on as if nothing had happened. So after a while you 'you wonder if you fall seriously or if You just dreamed.
not ashamed to drop, he gets angry when it falls, it is everything ok. Perhaps because he knows that will happen and puts it into account every time I do not know, the fact is that I like.

There is another thing.
I also like ice skating. I am a self and therefore are not good, do it only once a year in Bologna when the mountain trail in the mall near the station. There is always a lot of people and the track is small and is now ruined, but for me it's better than nothing. So I can not do is go. I put on my shoes, by, and run for two hours straight. I can not do any figure, even simple ones, I just run without falling. And
this is the strange thing. I like ice skating and Carolina for the way in which it falls, and I will not fall. I'm attentive, I go very fast and often risk because they are a bit 'reckless, but then every time the balance in recovery time and so ... and so nothing escaped danger. Do not fall. Do not fall because they do not want to fall. Because I'm afraid of falling. It keeps me up that I have not the skill but the survival instinct of a brute animal.
And this is why I really like Carolina. Because she does not even to save the animal. She runs, jumps, flies ... and falls.
I, however, I love the feeling when you're running on ice, the sense of absolute freedom that you test the speed I love it but ... and remains an animal. Too much fear of falling seriously in order to live.

Tonight I watch this video, waiting in vain to see her fall, listen to this song, and I dream that some Christmas gifts for one hour in an indoor track, huge and empty. An hour on the ice ... just for me ... to run fast and then ... fall.


http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=nfUTDkfx70g

0 comments:

Post a Comment